Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Louie Louie's...

Tonight I dined with a named MFL contributor but first-time MFL diner, Laura. Or, as you may know her by the handy dandy side bar legend, L. We've both been so busy as of late that time simply got away from us. We realized we hadn't seen each other since late July! Craziness! During the break she sold her house, moved and has been working feverishly on her capstone class to obtain her Masters Degree in teaching. I've been working feverishly on org 2 and biochem while also just plain working feverishly at the vet hospital. So I guess we have legit excuses but it was high-time we met up and caught up and it worked out perf today!

We went to Louie's Lakeside. It's a touch smaller than some of the other Louie's and shares its parking with lake-goers not coming to eat, which is nice but misleading. One of the things I appreciate about L...I can always count on her for an early din din. I tend to eat around 530 or 600 most nights and tonight was no different. L was on board so 5:30 it was but when I got there the main lot was full. I was worried we'd have to wait for a table and that everyone else has figured out the secret to skipping crowds by eating during the geriatric dinner hour. But I was mislead. L had already been seated by the time I got there and we were promptly greeted by our waitress.

L ordered a beer (domestics were 1/2 price I think), half sandwich and roasted red pepper soup. I don't know what sandwich she got but I do know it contained avocado. Another thing I appreciate about L...her undying devotion to the avocado. I fear that she would not be a good person to count on keeping super-secretive intel to herself on account of she'd fold the minute her interrogator presented her with a smorgasbord of avocado dishes and treats. But that's okay because she teaches middle school Spanish so I think the super-secretive intel is minimal. To be honest, I'd probs cave too if tempted with avocados. They're just so tasty! And healthy...even if you consume like 50. In fact, I'm pretty sure 50 is the recommended serving size.

Anyway, I was hungry. I hadn't eaten all day save for a couple spoonfuls of cottage cheese in the morning before leaving for school and was in class all day. So I ordered the grilled onion cheese burger. Go big or go home I say. I wish I'd not gone so big. But it was delish. The onions were cooked to death and the cheese was perfectly melted over top. It was served with a side of Louie's famous shoestring-like fries. We both cleaned our plates (except for my fries) so I'd say the food was a hit! And for $8.66 plus tip it's a pretty inexpensive dinner option with plenty of variety on the menu.

Sadly, I forgot to take pics (are you really surprised?!) but the food is tasty and pretty and consistently so. Check out the website in our side bar. Louie Louie's...oh, baby, you gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment